Monday, September 10, 2007

Christ in You, the Hope of Glory - Pt 1

In Colossians 1 the apostle Paul says that there is a 'mystery (or, 'secret') that has been part of God's plan and is now being told to those who follow Jesus. This secret is: '"Christ in you, the hope of glory!"

As I've expressed to Creekers over the past weeks, I believe that this is the secret that He wants to use to unlock His fullest expression in our lives . . . and our church.
I want to take a look at this truth over a few posts.

'Christ
.' The first thought. It begins with Him.

Jesus is the Alpha & the Omega. The First to rise from the dead. The Beginning and the End. The head over every power and authority. The First and the Last.
And God jealously desires to be first in our lives.

If you're a follower of Jesus, He will even allow whatever else you put before Him to taste like poo poo. If you don't believe me check out Philippians 3:8 in the Message (and yes, that is the literal translation!) He does so because He wants you to know that the abundant life is ONLY possible when He is first!

What first comes to your mind in the morning? Where do you first turn when you're out of money? Who do you look to first when you're frustrated?

Why do we go anywhere else? It all begins with Jesus being first in our lives.
Ask Him to be first . . . Your first thought of the day. Your first ally in the battle. Your first high-five in victory. Your first hope when life gets tough.

What are your thoughts on Jesus being first?

2 comments:

anonymous said...

Well, I guess I will put on my brave shoes and be the "first" one to leave a comment. I think that I forget a lot of times in the midst of life and stress to put Jesus first. Looking back at difficult situations that I have been through, prayer, Jesus, etc were the last resort instead of the first place I ran to. It's almost like I think, ok, I have tried everything that I can think of and nothing is working, so all I can do now is pray. How different things could have been and can be in the future if I would only remember to run to Jesus FIRST!

John Bradshaw said...

Well said. Thanks for your courage Charity!