Saturday, September 22, 2007

Eating Frenzy!

I saw part of The Biggest Loser the other night and one of their trivia questions said that the average person makes 200 food related decisions a day! 200? Wow!
Well I like to eat, so I'm at least average -- so if I'm going to talk about life in this blog, then I can't go too long without talking about food!

Now, these are not your typical food/eating categories, but this is my blog! So here you go, enjoy - and be sure to let me know what I missed/messed up.


Favorite Sandwich - Jason's Deli - You don't know me very well if you don't know this one!

Best Fast Food Texmex - Taco Villa (Lubbock, Tx) hands down on Taco Bell - nearest location to Corpus is Big Spring, TX - sometimes my car just goes there when I hit West Texas

Favorite Cold Drink - Strawberry Slush from Sonic - I'm doing it about 3x a week right now - I figure if I'm gonna have a vice it's good to have one that costs $1.59 and has fruit involved in it

Favorite Hot Drink - Coffee w/sugar and cream and caffeine - I don't drink that fufu $4 a cup stuff man --- just give me coffee

Favorite Snack - Pretzels and peanut butter - Don't knock till you've tried it!

Favorite Team Place to Eat on College Baseball Trips
- Pancho's Mexican Buffet - The flag never went down! (All you-can-eat!) And imagine doing this with your team and then getting on the van with 15 guys for a 4 hour trip home . . . entertainment all the way . . . And even though it's been 20 years I still have nasal cavity damage from these trips.

Favorite Restaurant that Rotates - Reunion Tower, Dallas - OK, this is the only restaurant I've ever been to that spins, but it is cool!

Favorite Deep Dish Pizza - Uno's - Chicago - Don't even think about it . . . This is the original stuff!

Favorite Breakfast Restaurant - Cracker Barrel - Biscuits n' apple butter :)

Favorite All Around Restaurant - Beamers - Corpus Christi - And it helps that we have come to love the family who owns it!

Best Dessert - Key Lime Pie - Water Street Seafood Company - Corpus Christi - INCREDIBLE! (Mom, I promise that your lemon pie with Ritz Cracker crust is so close in 2nd that you can't get a credit card between the two!)

Best Bar-b-que - Silverado Smokehouse - Corpus Christi - Now, I've gotta confess that I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the food, or a terrifying memory I have there of watching my friend John Richerson eat at least 15 lbs. of beef, sausage and ribs!

Greatest Cooks - Even Draw - Cindy & My Mom - And no, I'm not suckin' up - I've been blessed to be loved by two ladies who can 'dish it out' and love to do it! (Dottie Kratz & Jay Worley, you're both in the top ten . . . And if you invite us over to eat, who knows you might make my next list!)

Best Meal Ever - The one I eat every time right after I fast for over 24 hours!


OK, what are your favorite categories that I missed? What do you agree with? Disagree with? It's your turn, let's hear it?

4 comments:

Jade said...

i would have to say ive never had chicago pizza, but Pizza Hut Thin-n-Crispy pineapple and ham pizza is MY all time favorite pizza, and thats coming from a girl who grew up with pizza. :) And I definately would have to agree about Jason's Deli and Cracker Barrel! And they're family friendly places to eat.

(oh yah, Peppermint Mochas are really good and they arent too "fufu".) ha!

Nathan Lindell said...

Man, if you think Silverado has the best bar-b-q, wait until you try Rudy's. And wer'e getting one soon!

They have the world's best creamed corn.

And I don't care much for Jason's Deli, but you knew that.

I totally agree with Uno's, but it's a tough call for me between Cracker Barrel and IHOP.

Jade said...

i've never even heard of Rudy's. And Nathan (my husband nathan) doesnt like Jason's Deli either! ha!

Unknown said...

It's been years, but as I remember, Taco Villa's breakfast burrito was awesome - and not too hard on a college student's budget!