Monday, September 10, 2007

Emily Update



Some of you have been asking about our sweet Emily (our oldest and first to go to college just 3 weeks ago) . . . And she is doing great! (Here she is with her Mommy in her new door room when we dropped her off.)

She is loving Hardin Simmons, has gone to her first college football game, makes me dizzy every time I talk to her with the names of all her new friends, got an A on her first paper, and went away last weekend with some friends to Focus in Dallas.

We still have an empty place at our dinner table (and our hearts) and are trying to get into the flow of the adjustment of not having her here . . . but we thank God that she's in such a great place. (And I still text her 'goodnight' every night :)

Here's her email if you wanted to drop her a line . . . Emily's Email . . . I'm sure she'd love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't text messages wonderful! :) I can't believe she's been to college for nearly a month!

John Bradshaw said...

Me either!

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous women in that pic! I miss Mimi too! :(