Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thoughts on Chasing Lions!

I've had incredible feedback this week on chasing lions and I praise God that many of you are turning and facing lions for the first time! (And if you're not sure what I'm talking about click here and check out the message from Sunday.)

As I was running a couple of times this week God pushed me further about chasing lions . . .

On Monday as I was running some guy (about 20 yrs. my younger) blows by me. (Jerk!) Well, shame & pride took over and for about 4 minutes I picked it up, a lot. Know what happened? I died -- barely finished my route.
I was chasing the wrong lion. Don't chase someone else's lions!
Be content chasing the lions that God has given you. I can easily try to be like some other hip pastor, just like you can try to emulate some other Mom or salesman, teacher or student. Don't settle for that. Go after what God is calling you to go after!

And then on Wednesday because of some evening obligations, I had to change my schedule up and I ran after a morning meeting instead of in the evening. I was kind of shocked when the sun was in my face in the second half of my run instead of the first half. Sucked it out of me.
Don't be surprised when you start chasing lions that the enemy, who 'prowls about like a lion' and who is the author of deceit and lies, will start trying to make sure the sun is in your eyes. ANYTIME that you are taking ground for the Kingdom in your soul, there will be a battle!

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up!"

No comments: