Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pray . . . VN

One of my primary convictions this Summer centered around prayer.

Prayer is not a program or an obligation.

Prayer is simply the core expression of our dependence on God. Period.

When we have anything in our lives that we don't pray about, what we're essentially saying is: 'I've got this one God. Don't worry about it, I can handle it myself.' 'We really don't need your help in this area, we've got it figured out.'

Really?

I'm going to be leading us and calling us to a deeper commitment in prayer.

So pray with me today for our team leaving today for Vietnam: Greg Richmond, Hannah Richmond, Corey Wigger, Audie Lawley, Samantha Hanson, Kacey May.

Really.
Pray for each one of them to have humility in every situation and love for every person they meet.
Pray that will be teachable as they encounter the Vietnamese culture and people.
Pray that they will be wise in every situation.
And pray that they will be courageous as Jesus speaks to them to act.

1 comment:

chloe handbags said...

this is a good idea, i agree with you.