Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Best Quote of the Summer

'Jesus didn't come to make bad men good, but to make dead men alive!'

I honestly can't remember where I read this during the beginning of the Summer, but I've been dwelling on it off and on for weeks.

Just think about it . . . the implications . . .

So much of what we do as Christians and as Churches revolves around people being 'good.'

It says this in Matthew 16: "Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, 'Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?' 'Why do you ask me about what is good?' Jesus replied. 'There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.'"

Jesus came so that we can live! Jesus came so that our souls wake and begin living a life that reflects His glory and transforms the world.
When dead people rise they don't just walk into town unnoticed, they freak people out, they start conversations . . . and movements!

I wonder what would happen if we quit trying to be good and instead allowed Christ to make us alive??

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm tired of trying to be good.

LIFE is better...

and more contagious.