Thursday, April 15, 2010

Setting Your Mind

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." (Romans 8:5)

Back in this verse again.

In the past couple of months my reading outside of the Bible has been minimal. One of the ways that I stay fresh and challenged and even mentored is by reading. Yes, reading biblical/theological works, but also reading good leadership books, business stuff that stimulates my entrepreneur side, imaginative fiction. . . .

This morning I was thinking about how I'm responsible to keep my mind fresh and creative with all kinds of things that stimulate the creativity of the Spirit . . . And again primary is God's Word. Foundational. Essential. It is my measuring stick for everything else.

But also allowing God to use fresh thinking from many disciplines of life gives me life!

No comments: