Saturday, January 2, 2010

Why I'm Going - Greg Richmond

I've asked our VN team to share with you why they are going to VN and what they are asking God to do.

I'm hoping that this well help you to connect with our Team and what God is doing!

Here's Greg Richmond . . .

I am going to VN because, quite frankly, God told me too. He put it on my heart to
go.

I am going to VN because this little girl, Thi Tra My Troung, and her family, and most of her country
have never heard of Jesus.

I am going because it is uncomfortable, it is abnormal, and so many people ask me, why are you going to Vietnam? And then I get to answer, I am going because I have been shown a great opportunity to be relational for Jesus in a global way! What an opportunity for a small community of Christians in Corpus Christi to
impact the world for the Kingdom!

I am not going to save people, because we all know only Jesus does that, but I am going because I am saved. Praise God! Thank you for your prayer support! - Greg Richmond


Some verses that inspired me:

Proverbs 21:21 (New International Version)

21 He who pursues righteousness and love
finds life, prosperity
[a] and honor.

Proverbs 21:13 (New International Version)

13 If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor,
he too will cry out and not be answered.

Proverbs 22:13 (New International Version)

13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion outside!"
or, "I will be murdered in the streets!"

1 John 3:17-18 (New International Version)

17If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

2 Corinthians 9:8 (New International Version)

8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

No comments: