Sunday, January 3, 2010

Why I'm Going - Kim Lindell

I've asked our VN team to share with you why they are going to VN and what they are asking God to do.

I'm hoping that this well help you to connect with our Team and what God is doing!



As a "stay at home mom" for the past 7 years, my main job has been to take care of my husband, our children, and our home. Because of that role, I have often found myself in this sort of bubble absorbed with my self and “my world”...those things that pertain to us...things we are involved in, our daily needs, etc.

I desire to step out of that bubble and see a “new land” and it’s “people”; God’s creation elsewhere…His provision and abundance elsewhere…His glory.

I desire to experience a new depth in my faith…to be taken out of my element that I might see Him more.

I am taking with me a willing heart…my teaching experience…my attention to detail…and whatever else God pulls out of me on this adventure and in Ban Ho.

1 comment:

Tray said...

Kim,
SO impressed with your willingness to GO.

Funny...it took me GOing to recognize that God was building His Kingdom outside the parameters we Christians believe God to work within. I believe that our willingness to be SENT is such a critical phase of discipleship that is not only overlooked, but neglected as we become comfortable and complacent with our "Christian" existence....

I pray God blows you away with His vastness. I pray this trip ignites within 'the team' not only a love for the people of Ban Ho, but also a love right outside the walls of FOC and across the street....

John, thank your for your example, your leadership, your willingness and your obedience.