Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stories That Inspire!

I was encouraged and inspired as I started reading the stories in Testimonies From the Body of Christ yesterday.

Pam Teel gave me the book a few days ago and I confess that at first I was like, 'Ok, gonna be some sweet stories about great grandmother Edra's cat getting rescued from the roof.'

But man did I underestimate! It's filled with brief stories that individuals wrote about their own lives and how they've connected with grace and power of God.
It's just reminded me that the most powerful expression in the world of Jesus - is your story!

And maybe the best part of this book is that it was put together to help pay for a second heart transplant for a young 8th grader here in Corpus named Taylor Berry. Some of you know Taylor and/or his Mom Tamara. (You can read his story here.) It's an awesome cause.

You can click here and go to the website to order the book . . . Or skip shipping costs and buy some copies for Christmas gifts in our lobby on Sunday morning!


"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

No comments: