Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cool Gift that Keeps Giving

Yesterday we got a sweet Christmas gift in the email . . . A gift certificate to use at Kiva!

Not Keva the fruit smoothie folks (who I also love) . . . but Kiva - the non-profit who makes micro-loans to folks in 3rd world countries so that they can carry out their entrepreneurial dreams!

Kiva connects people like me and you to people in 3rd world countries, to help alleviate poverty.

And it's awesome, I got the gift that I now get to give away so that someone else's life (and eventually a whole community of lives) can be changed!

Got any people you still need to buy for? Check it out (click the logo above)

1 comment:

Tray said...

John,
Kiva is an awesome way to pull people out of poverty and give them hope.
I have seen my small investment turn over 3-4 times in some cases in the last two years. The percentage of repayment is almost 100%...and it has been 100% in my case. Then you take that money and re-invest it!
Great word today!