Friday, October 9, 2009

A Single Act . . .

I was reminded last week of how simple acts of kindness open doors to lives.


We have new neighbors who we haven't had much contact with since they moved in over the Summer. Two retired sisters who have stayed pretty much to themselves - the only conversations I've had were my going over and initiating and a little awkward.

After the rains I was mowing last Thursday on my day off and their yard was a mess. I mowed it and cleaned it up - nothing heroic - just took a little time. The next evening they saw us outside and came over smiling and asking if they could pay us. No way, I told them, it would rob me of the gift to them.

We had a great conversation. A great start. All stemming from a simple act of love. Can't wait to see what God does.

This Sunday Morning we get to do the same thing a couple of hundred times over! At King HS, Miller HS, Mission 911, and in our neighborhoods for the Food Bank - we will give out free acts of love for the Kingdom! (For more info click here)

We have the incredible opportunity of serving people around for nothing! For no other purpose than to show them the love of Jesus!!

If you haven't signed up yet please call the office (993-4463) or email Audie (audielawley@gmail.com) ASAP! We need to know whose coming so that we can put the right amount of folks at each location.

And remember --- Be there at 9:30am --- for a brief time of Celebration together and then out of the building and into the world!

No comments: