Tuesday, October 13, 2009

People That God Really Uses

At some point we all must decide (and no-decision is a decision) if we want to be a person who God really uses . . . or if we prefer going through life using God.

Below is a blog post by my blog mentor Bob Roberts. As I read elsewhere this week: 'When God has an impossible problem, He finds an impossible person and transforms them.'
Any of us are that (im)possible person. What will you choose?

When I was a little boy, there was an old missionary lady named Bertha Smith that had a list from Oswald Smith about people God uses - here were the points:

1. Have but one great purpose in life.
2. By God’s grace has removed every hindrance.
3. Placed themselves at God’s disposal.
4. Has learned to prevail in prayer.
5. A Student of God’s Word.
6. Has a vital message for a lost world.
7. Person of faith who expects results.
8. Works in the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Early this morning I sent a text to my mentor . . . Leighton Ford. I’ve always heard that Billy Graham was what he was because of the team around him - no doubt he had the things above. I asked Leighton, “Were the men around Graham exceptional, or average that went way above their ability because of their walk with God.” His reply, “Both.”

No one does anything alone - no one has everything needed - together everyone accomplishes more (John Maxwell’s definition of team) - only as we act as the body of Christ, can we accomplish what he wants.

I, just like many of you, want God to use me. I find, God is never the problem! Keep me out on the limb for you God -

No comments: