Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Signed Up?

I was recently reading Jen Hatmaker's book Interrupted (highly recommended!) where she talked about serving hamburgers to the homeless in 105 degree heat in downtown Austin. She was stunned by the homeless man who responded to her gift with: "I hope this satisfies your white guilt for the day!"

I know that I've walked a coke addict through 6-months of therapy to have him bail and never show up again. I've had the door slammed on me by a person whose angry that I won't give them cash even though I've bought groceries and gas for several times. And on and on . . .

So, as Jen expresses in her book: Do we get to opt out of living on mission because we're not appreciated?

Only if we are in it for us.

THIS Sunday we have another opportunity to serve our community in the Name of Jesus. To bring the Kingdom to Mission 911, King High School, Miller High School, and all of those served by the CC Food Bank.

DON'T miss it! Call the office to sign up if you haven't already. Click HERE for more info.

BE at the building on Sunday morning at 9:30am!!

2 comments:

Jade said...

we will be in the Lake Travis area this weekend :(( I'm sad we'll miss it but will definitely be praying for everyone!

Tray said...

You Creekers are leading with LOVE! It's inspirational!