Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ngih

Had a really cool divine moment yesterday afternoon. It happened at the Asian Market (next to Saigon Cafe at Saratoga & Staples).

I met Ngih, a young Vietnamese girl who is a student at Texas A&M CC who was working at the market. When I told her that I had been to Vietnam and was going back in January, she was excited. 'You like my country??' 'Yes, I love your country and your people.'

She talked my ear off about Vietnam and was so excited about what we are doing there. She was also very intrigued that I was a Christian even though she said that she had 'no religion.'

I ended the conversation with an offer for her and some of her friends (there's 40 or 50 Vietnamese college students at CC A&M) to come over for dinner soon and teach my family more about Vietnam. She was pumped. I was pumped.

Wow, can't wait for the divine moments that are planned to come soon . . .

1 comment:

Jade said...

ahhh! Love that!!!!!! (this is me being enthusiastic!)