Sunday, June 28, 2009

Flowing

Yesterday morning Audie forwarded me a blog post with these verses from Amos 5:

"I hate all your show and pretense--
the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies.
I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings.
I won't even notice all your choice peace offerings.
Away with your noisy hymns of praise!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice,
an endless river of righteous living.
"
(Amos 5:21-24)

As we go out this (Sunday) morning to scatter instead of just gathering, I've been reflecting on what God wants us to learn from this Sunday Serving experience. I hope that it's so much more than just a Sunday off from the routine and an opportunity to 'do our duty' to the less fortunate around us.

I think that what God is saying in this passage, is NOT that gathering together and praising Him isn't important -- But that if we are truly being changed, if we are truly worshipping, it is reflected in our posture towards others and the stream of the Kingdom through our life.

I love that last sentence, 'an endless river of righteous living.' A river doesn't struggle to flow. A river doesn't even think about what is around the next bend, it just flows man.
That's the Kingdom! That's the life God offers, that we would flow in Him and live differently. Not because we're trying to be different but because His power makes a difference in our lives.

Let's flow this morning . . .

No comments: