Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pen in Hand

Last Sunday in Celebration I talked about being on this journey with God, and how we must actively Navigate the spiritual reference points for our life!
If not, we're in danger of a spiritual life that just goes in circles . . . or never gets out of the dock.

Some of the points of reference are unique for each of us, and some are the same for every follower of Christ -- one of the primary ones being the Bible. It is the Spirit of God using the Word of God that changes our life. It is our primary source of spiritual food. It is life.

I want to remind you about Creek Living Water . . . a blog with daily scripture and a guide for soaking in it. If you don't have a plan for reading the Bible, then I would encourage you to start there. [Click here for Creek Living Water]

And I want to encourage you in another way as you read God's Word. Do it with a pen in your hand.
Ask God to speak to you as you read and as He does write it down! Write it down in the margins of your Bible, or in a journal. Don't worry about if it's perfect, or even if it makes full sense right now. But write it down so that later you can go back and continue to listen to what God is saying.

I'll say it this way: If your pen is in your hand , then God can keep writing your story!

"I will walk in freedom,
for I have devoted myself to your commandments.
I will speak to kings about your laws,
and I will not be ashamed.
How I delight in your commands!
How I love them!" (Psalm 119:45-47)

No comments: