Monday, June 9, 2008

Praise God!

I am so thankful for the incredible group of leaders that God has gathered at Oso Creek!
Tonight many of them were at our leadership group. Just simple folks, like me and you, seeking to follow Jesus.

And I left that time so encouraged as I heard them sincerely pray for one another. . . humbly ask God for forgiveness . . . and ask God to give Oso Creek a united, humble, serving, passionate heart.

Steve and Lauren Garcia were also in town checking out a house and we got to spend some time praying for them before they left, it was awesome!
Please be praying for Steve and Lauren and Ben, as they will be transitioning from San Antonio at the end of this month and Steve will be a huge part of our staff beginning in July!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I was driving yesterday afternoon my oldest, Corbin, asked me why people who have jobs and earn money already, always need more money. I took it as an opportunity to explain to him how especially in America we are addicted to stuff. As we talked about it I brought up a point that Chris had made to the boys a few weeks ago. The open hand receives and gives freely. But a clenched hand cannot receive more blessing. Corbin got really excited and said as he held up his clenched fist, as if he were holding something tightly "Mom you know what this really is... Its like a shield around your stuff. Like a warrior protecting it with his shield. You are guarding it from people who want to take it or who need it.... but what we don't realize is its not ours to shield, its Gods and if someone else takes it... God will take care of us and give us what we need!" This all happened as we were sitting at the light at SPID and Staples. Even as the light turned green I sat there pondering the words of God spoken through my six year old! WOW. It never was ours to begin with...What a great reminder.

John Bradshaw said...

Great Picture! Out of the mouth of babes . . . Thanks for sharing Jess!