Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vision 09' Update - Part IV

On Mission . . . Church Planting


It's awesome how God created every living thing on the planet to multiply! To produce more living things. Cindy and I have done well in that area together :)

The same is true spiritually. God uses our life to help birth new spiritual life in others!

And the same is true as a church. We're on mission to start new life. To help start Kingdom oriented churches. And this doesn't mean churches just like us. We're searching for where we can be a part of churches birthed in places and ways where they can be viral for the Kingdom of God!

Right now I'm mentoring one man who is planting a church in a school (just like we started!) with a vision to plant a church in schools all over town.

I've been meeting with another local guy who wants to start a church in Fort Collins, Colorado. And this week I'm meeting for the first time with a guy who wants to plant a 'Cowboy Church' in Sinton.

I've invested time in two church planting conferences this Spring and have been meeting with some local pastors talking about how we can plant Kingdom seeds together in needy areas of Corpus.

Now, I notice that I've said a lot of 'I's - but it's not about me. I'm only laying groundwork for the Holy Spirit to work through ALL of us so that lives will be transformed.
The vision as we continue to move forward in church planting is that each of us individually - and collectively - would offer our time and talents and resources so that new churches can bring God's Kingdom to every corner of our City and beyond.

No comments: