Friday, May 23, 2008

YCA Sports Banquet

Last night was the YCA sports banquet. I had the privilege of bringing my basketball guys up one at a time and blessing them.

With my teams I don't give the traditional MVP, Most Improved, etc awards. I choose a character trait/gifting that each of them has and lift that up and encourage them to continuing developing it and using it.

This is me honoring Luke. I gave him the (Brave) Heart Award because he always played and practiced with tons of heart and passion.

As I worked through these God showed me how I need to be doing this more with everyone around me. Especially with those nearest to me. Too much of the time I find what is wrong.
What if we all continually encouraged those around us in how we see God developing them and using them?

No comments: