Friday, May 23, 2008

Thank You's

Last Sunday at Discovery Dessert there was one couple who shared some incredibly encouraging words concerning my ministry and Oso Creek.

And then this week I received an incredible note of encouragement in the mail from a Creeker family who recently moved from Corpus.

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." (Prov 16:24)

I actually have a file where I keep notes of encouragement that I receive. Sometimes when I'm discouraged or frustrated I'll open it up and be reminded of why I'm here and what God is doing.

Along with my other blog on encouraging folk's gifting and passions, I've just been thinking about how powerful encouragement is. And I just read this on another blog: The highest from of praise is '3rd-Party Praise.' It is when you say: 'I overheard somebody saying great things about you.' (Joel Hunter)

Who have you encouraged today?

No comments: