Monday, September 20, 2010

Who Believes?

It amazes me how much of life comes down to this one question: Do we really believe it?

Men & women will die by the thousands in battle if they believe in the cause and their country. (Just think about that for a minute.)

People will give their lives - 50, 60, 70 hours a week for 40 years - to their jobs if they believe that their careers or more money will better their existence.

People will sacrifice $80 a ticket and 10 hours a week to follow their favorite team because they believe it adds meaning to their lives.

Some people will go to prison because they really believe that aborting babies or trafficking human beings is wrong.

Many parents will spend unlimited dollars and time on their children's teams and training and private lessons because they believe that they will be the next Chopin, or Mariah Carey or Albert Pujols.

It always begs the question for me: What do we really believe about Jesus?

I mean, really.

God has been convicting me that if I really believe that no one can live a life of fullness without Him, then why would I ever hesitate in telling someone how they need Him. (Or, maybe worse, apologetically tell them.)

If I really believe that He is our only hope to spend eternity with God, it's unthinkable not to show people around me His love & verbally give them the opportunity to follow Him. Right? Am I missing something?


I'm not writing this to get a reaction or heap guilt. But just to make us think . . . and live.

Bottom line, we can say we believe whatever we want. The truth is that ultimately we live what we really believe.

No comments: