Thursday, September 23, 2010

To Save A Life

Cindy & I watched a great movie last weekend . . .

To Save A Life is a movie with a spiritual purpose that confronts about a dozen issues that teens and families are facing in real life.

It starts a little slow and there's a couple of awkward places that made me feel like I was watching a cheesy Christian flick, but that was like 4% of the movie.

The other 96% forces you to think about real life. And what I really like, is that it makes you think about how the rest of the world sees the church. How awkward we look when we try to hard to be 'spiritual' and aren't real. Worth the watch just for that.

You probably need to watch it first and decide for yourself about your pre-teens watching it as it tackles real issues without flinching.

But I encourage you to go get it at Red Box and watch and listen . . .

1 comment:

Melissa De La Garza said...

I could not wait to rent this movie for Jacob & I. I had heard about it and missed it at the theatres so I put a reminder for when it came out on DVD. As we watched the movie, not only was I inspired, but more, I was blessed to see the inspiration and maturity occuring in my son. He "got it" He understood what Jake the main character was trying to do with his life and how he wanted his life to count. I wathced as my son's heart opened up to the idea of how just 1 person can make an impact for the kingdom and was truely blessed. We are looking forward to adding this movie to our person library.

Melissa De La Garza