Monday, November 30, 2009

Solitude Time

'Be still and know that I am God.'

I'm headed out in a few minutes to spend the rest of the week in solitude. I know the rhythm that my life needs in order to be God-focused and God-directed.

That rhythm includes spending time each morning re-orienting myself around the Kingdom. Spending a night and day each month being still and recalibrating. And then spending a week each year in solitude and reflection.

That week for the past 4 years has become the first week of December. It's always a little difficult to get started, I have to detox and decompress from the pace of life. But it's always one of the most powerful weeks of my year.

Please pray for me as I go, that I will listen well and hear clearly God's voice.

1 comment:

Tray said...

praying for you