Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Matt Beveridge Field

There was great news in the Caller Times today . . . the CCISD school board voted to name the King High School baseball field (where my son Luke will start playing this year) . . . Matt Beveridge Field.

You can check out the article here . . . http://www.caller.com/news/2009/aug/24/ccisd-names-king-high-diamond-after-former-player/

This is a cool part of a great legacy of a young man who was seeking to chase after God . . . When I think about Matt's life it always causes me to reflect on this question:
'Am I living my life for the Kingdom today, like there is no tomorrow?'

1 comment:

Jade said...

Oh, this bring tears to my eyes. I had been hearing of talk of these plans,but I didn't see the article this morning, thanks for posting it. Matt was an incredible example to many of us and when I think of him, I am reminded to live courageously for Jesus each day...not just when it is convenient. I pray we can all have the kind of surrender that Matty had.

I definitely will be at the dedication ceremony if I don't have a wedding that day. Otherwise, hopefully someone will tape it for me? ;)