Friday, October 29, 2010

A Road Being Traveled . . .

The end of one journey is really just the beginning of another.

This past Sunday was difficult.  Very. When one journey ends, it's always difficult.  Especially when you have been doing something you love for 11 1/2 years and have been loved so much while doing it.  It was very difficult to stand up on Sunday morning - after being up there nearly 600 times - and tell you that I was no longer going to be the Pastor of Oso Creek.

Our family has been so very blessed during our years at Oso Creek . . . our kids have grown up in an incredible community . . . we have been loved and encouraged.

And yet . . . it's time.  Several weeks ago now, I sensed God whispering that it was time.  One season was ending and another beginning.

"For everything there is a season,

a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace."
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

I wish I could say that I fully understood it all right now.  But I don't.

But I feel confident that it's time for another exciting season of the journey for Oso Creek.  One like Oso Creek has never known before.

And time for another adventure for Cindy, Luke and I.

I cannot explain the mystery of God.  I can only seek to follow Him as I best know how.
And in that posture we are all going to experience Him in the journey as we never have before!

3 comments:

UndignifiedMee said...

This is something I understand so well. I pray you and your family find continued peace and fruitfulness as God guides your steps into the future! I am thankful for you and your family, as you have impacted my life and my family's life eternally! Bless you, John!
Your Sister in Christ,
~anna

Stephën Miessner said...

Pastor John you are going to be so deeply missed. You have been such a blessing, inspiration and even mentor as I watch how you deal with your own children and the children of God.
Your meekness and humbleness are forever engrained in my spirit.
And I pray the absolute best that God has for you and your family would be made a reality.
Thank you for being our pastor.
Thank you for being my pastor.
And thanks for letting God use you.

Todd Fruehauf said...

I love you Pastor John. You will always be my Pastor, regardless of title. You are the Lord's and I am excited to see what the Lord does in this next season of life. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." -Numbers 6:24-26