Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Want To Be Famous . . . ??? . . .

A thought I've had for a few days after reading another blog post. . . .

There's a lot of folks who strive and strain after fame on this planet . . . and if I'm honest there's times when I would like to bask in that 15-seconds of stardom.

But as I think about it, where I really want to be famous is in the lives of my family. I want to be famous to my wife because I cherish her and love her from beginning to end. Because I nurture her faith in Jesus.

And I want to be famous in my children's lives. (I'm already treading on shaky ground here because I haven't always lived famously in front of them.) But man, do I want them to know how much I love them and be the model of what it looks like to follow Jesus and live a life of integrity and passion.

I can think of no greater earthly fame than 3 generations from now for my great-grandchild to point to a picture of me and Cindy on the wall and tell his friend: 'Those are the ones who taught us to love God. My Dad says that they were the best grandparents ever!'


Where I need help from God is pursuing that fame with the same kind of intensity that so many people pursue worldly fame. Help me God.

Where do you want to be famous?

No comments: